Spelunkingwithplato

Spelunking is the activity of Cave exploration, for those who have read The Republic you'll know what this means. For those who don't, don't worry about it, it was the only thing I could think of to name the site....Might change soon.

Friday, November 03, 2006

An update

Hey guys, things are about the same down here at Western. I am working like mad, trying to get a job for next summer and trying to have some fun in the meantime.

So on the job hunt there is a couple of things going on. First, I got a couple of first round interviews with some Toronto Law firms. Some went well, others.... So I got a second round interview with a firm that I will go down and visit on Monday. I don't know what to expect but I think it is going to be a pretty cool experience. I have to admit it I like going to visit Bay Street (Essentially Canada's Wall Street) wearing my suit because it makes me feel like I am in the middle of some sort of movie. (This has been happening to me alot recently where I get these flashes of realization were I realize all this stuff is happening to me, not to somebody else).

Otherwise I have an interview with an East Coast firm. I applied to three of them but so far I have only heard back from the one. Maybe the other firms aren't interested? Or they may be late on the ball. WHo knows. I also have a Calgary firm taking me out for supper in Toronto.

So that is about it for the Job stuff. In regards to figuring out what I want to do I feel pretty strongly drawn to international law type stuff. I am thinking of maybe trying to work for the Departement of Foreign affairs. But that is at least a year off so I try not to think about that right now.

If there is one thing to be said about law as opposed to political science, there is alot more work out there!

I thought I had something substantive to post about here but I guess I don't so keep your sticks on the ice!

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home